With Braintree's support of Apple Pay, you can now offer your customers additional payment options that can increase your conversion rate and make you more successful at eCommerce.
In order to setup Apple Pay, you must integrate your Braintree account with your Apple Pay account. We have provided a video tutorial as well as a step by step version for those that prefer to read through the steps.
Step By Step:
- Login to your Apple Pay developer account
- Click Certificates, IDs, & Profiles. Note: Apple requires you to purchase a developer license in order to access the Certificates, IDs, & Profiles that are part of Apple Pay.
- Under the Identifies section, click Merchant IDs
- Click the icon to add a new Merchant ID
- Enter a description and name for your Merchant ID
- Register your Merchant ID and Confirm
- Login to your Braintree Production or Sandbox account and click the Settings > Processing link.
- Click to enable Apple Pay
- Click the Certificate Signing Request link to download a certificate from Braintree
- Navigate back to the Apple Developer site and click the Production link located under the Certificates section. The steps are the same for production and sandbox.
- Click the icon to add a new certificate
- Under the section:
- Select the Merchant ID that you created from the drop down
- Create Create Certificate
- Select the option that applies
- Click Choose File and select the certificate signing request that you download from Braintree in Step 9
- Apple Pay will use the certificate from Braintree to generate a new Apple Pay certificate. Once finished, download your new Apple Pay cert.
- Navigate back to your Braintree Control panel under the Apple Pay section and choose to upload the new Apple Pay cert.
- Once uploaded, you will receive a success message.
- Add the domain in which you will be accepting Apple Pay and download your Domain Association File
- Add the Domain Association File to your server so it's accessible. You can access your server via FileZilla or your hosting companies preffered way. Create a directory called .well-known
Add the Domain Association File to the .well-known directory.