WooCommerce Subscriptions offers admin's the ability to test their subscription integration with the payment gateway. This feature triggers a schedule subscription payment as if it were occuring on the day the subscription's payment is due.
In order to test the WooCommerce Subscriptions integration you can perform the following steps:
- Create a WooCommerce Subscriptions product.
- Add the Subscription product to your cart and process the order.
- Navigate to the Subscriptions settings page of the plugin and enable Test Mode and save. After the save, refresh your page so the changes to test mode can be picked up by the plugin. Test mode allows you to use the WooCommerce Subscription action scheduler to trigger subscription payments.
- Navigate to the Tools menu and click Schedule Actions.
- Enter your subscription number and click Search Scheduled Actions.
- Click Run on the schedule payment action. This represents the scheduled subscription payment that is to occur in the future.
- After executing the scheduled action, you should receive a success message.
- Navigate to your WooCommerce Orders page.
- You will see the new order that was created as part of the schedule subscription payment.
- Click on the order to review the data associated with it. Observe that the related orders contains the parent subscription #.
- When finished, disable test mode.