Webhooks are notifications sent by Braintree when certain updates take place in their system. For example, if a subscription is billed successfully, Braintree can send your site a notification with information about the subscription payment. Webhooks are used by the plugin to keep data synced between Braintree and your Wordpress site.
To setup a webhook, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the Webhooks page in the Braintree Control panel.
- On the webhooks page, click
- Navigate to the Webhook Test page of the plugin.
- Copy the Webhook URL on the Webhook Test page. The URL is dynamically generated based on your permalink settings.
- Paste the URL in the Braintree Webhook url field.
- Select the following webhooks if you have Braintree subscriptions on your site.
- Click to save the webhooks.
- To test the webhook, click the Check URL link.
- If setup correctly, you will receive a 200 response code.
- You can also verify that the webhook log entry for the test is on your site. Debugging must be enabled for the log entry to be present.