When you purchase the Pro version of the plugin, you will be distributed a license key which you will use to activate your plugin. There are tools within the plugin and at Payment Plugins that allow you to manage your license.
Many merchants prefer to test live transactions on their Dev / Staging site before moving to their production environment. If that is the case, you must always refresh an activated license and re-activate it on the site you will be accepting live payments once your testing is complete. This will ensure there are no interruptions to payment caused by failed license checks.
You should follow these instructions to manage and maintain your license.
Refresh From Payment Plugins
The Payment Plugins site allows you to maintain your license from within your My Account page.
- Login to Payment Plugins and navigate to the License section of your My Account page.
- Once on the license page, you will see information about your license such as it's status. If the license has been activated, you will see the domain and also an option to refresh the license.
- By clicking Refresh your domain will be removed from the license and you can then activate the license on another domain.
- Once refreshed, navigate to the site you wish to activate the license on. Go to the License Settings page of the plugin and enter your license and click the Activate button. Note that your license will show as Active even though you refreshed it because Payment Plugins does not communicate with your site for security purposes. Once Activated, the Registered Domain will appear within the plugin and on the Payment Plugins website.
Refresh From Plugin License Page
Alternatively, merchants can refresh their license from within the plugin's License Page. This method requires that you refresh the license from the same site in which it was activated on.
- Navigate to the plugin's License Settings page. If your license is Active, click the refresh button. This will remove the domain association with the license and change the license status to pending.
- Navigate to the site in which you wish to activate the license and click the Activate license button.